Our church history began in 1921 when four neighbors: Patnie “Pink” Allen, Robert Collins, Wiley A. Davis, and Byron Shepherd, saw the need for a neighborhood church.
In 1923, a Deed was filed for one-half acre of land from George and Dora Woodrum, for property previously deeded in 1887 from J.B. Allen. The deed was signed December 30, 1922, from the Woodrums to the Bethlehem M.E. Church, South. Wiley A. Davis, Ed Allen, R.A. Collins, B.E. Shepherd, and R. Woodrum are named as Trustees of Bethlehem Methodist Episcopal Church South.
A new church was built on the present site, and the current building was constructed in 1962. A kitchen and restrooms were added at the back of the church, and a basement for Sunday School classes and fellowship activities.
Over the years there have been several improvements to the church building and grounds to make it a more inviting place for everyone to come and worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.